These masks are made of soft foam latex. This allows the mask to come alive and move with your expressions. You don’t just wear this mask you become it!
* Hand Made – Colors may vary
* MADE TO ORDER (allow 2-3 weeks)
EMMA VONZOMBIE COLLECTION
Taking Care of the Softflex Foam Latex Mask
*** To Prevent Tearing!!! ***
DO NOT YANK OR TUG MASK ONTO HEAD BY PULLING AT NECK and BE CAREFULE NOT TO POKE YOUR FINGERTIPS OR FINGERNAILS THROUGH THE FOAM LATEX!
This unique mask will withstand years of use when used properly. Depending on the size of your head, putting the mask on may take some patience and practice, don’t try to yank it over your head in one motion, it may tear. Follow these instructions carefully and expect to take several minutes to work it over your face.
Depending when your mask was made natural foam latex may give off a harmless sulphur-like odor. We have added industrial perfumes to reduce the smell. This merchandise was manufactured recently and although washed, has had little time to air out. Additional airing out will help to lessen the odor over time. A light spraying of an air deodorizer on the interior (only) of the mask periodically may also help.
1. Powder the inside of the mask will talc by shacking powder into one hand. Hold the mask face up and spread the powder liberally over the interior surface of the mask except the interior of the face where the eyes and mouth holes are. Dump out the excess powder
2. If your mask has a wig, flip it up and over the face to expose the zipper. Unzip by holding zipper tabs
3. Grasp firmly (as high up as possible) each side of the zipper and fold back once, re-grasping over the fold, so that your fingertips are placed along the exposed zipper.
4. Tilt your head slightly back and slide mask into your chin. You should feel the mask “lock” onto your chin. You may not be able to see through the following steps, so familiarize yourself with them now.
5. Now gently pull the mask over your head. If the mask needs adjusting, DO NOT PULL on the eyes, nose or chin to align the mask! Place the palms of your hands on the side of the mask, work the mask down over your face until the mask is fitting comfortably. Flip wig back over your head if necessary.
6. FINAL ADJUSTMENT: adjust the eye opening, chin and nose space inside the mask with a gentle wiggles of the muzzle until your face fits in comfortably. Be careful not to stress the eye sockets or mouth by pulling them hard.
7. Zip down the back of your mask if desired (watch your hair).
TO REMOVE: Unzip, Slide your thumbs underneath the front of the neck up to the chin and simultaneously tilt your head down fully while lifting the mask off your face.
* A bathing or wig cap may be used under the mask it should be powdered liberally.
* Wash mask by squeeing gently in sink full of cool water & one drop dish soap. Air dry several days in warm room.
* Don’t store your Softflex Mask in extreme heat or cold or in the sun.
* Makeup can be applied over Softflex Mask, we recommend rubber mask greasepaint.
* Softflex Mask may be repaired with super glue, but we recommend neoprene cement available at Scuba Shop (follow directions on tube)